We help authors with the development, direction, writing, editing and publishing of their books. We can help you too.
As professional writers and editors, we can meet an author wherever his or her needs lie. We offer these services:
- Concept development. Sometimes, people come to us with an idea for a book that they wish to write, but the details are fuzzy for them, or they don’t know where to begin. We offer consultation services to help draw out their story line so they can get started on their own.
- Book Writing. Other clients are very clear that they are not writers, but they each have a story to tell and need our help getting the words on paper. We write their books for them, relying on extensive interviews and research materials.
- Developmental editing. When authors come to us with a manuscript already in hand, we edit with an eye toward improving the content in terms of plot, subplot and character development. We help draw attention to flaws in the book, such as areas that are unfocused or redundant, or areas that are not developed enough.
- Copy editing. We apply The Chicago Manual of Style and ensure that the material is consistent, free of typographical and grammatical errors, and adheres to accepted style guidelines.
- Book design. After we’ve helped a book read beautifully, we can design it so it looks great too.
- Publishing services. We guide clients in whether they want to find a publisher or self-publish, and when the latter is the case, we guide them toward trusted industry resources that will fit their budget and needs.
Books in Print:
Seasoned: A Memoir of Grief and Grace by Tom Zink. (Edited by Janice Beetle). This memoir is the story of Tom’s unwitting grief journey of five decades that began when his older brother Steve was hit by a car and killed while on the paper route the two boys shared. But this is not merely a story of grief and recovery; it is also a poignant and, at times, humorous look at laughter and lightheartedness, winning and losing, and doubt and faith.
Hand, Horse, and Motor: The Development of the Lawn Mower Industry in the United States by James B. Ricci. (Edited by Janice Beetle.) This book features nearly 200 individuals or corporations that manufactured lawn mowers in this country and offers a snapshot on the patents, products and historical contributions each brought to the industry. It also offers interesting anecdotes, photographs and ephemera from the author’s extensive collection.
Divine Renovations by Janice Beetle. This memoir is a love story at its core, but its mission is to help those who are coping with grief to recognize the journey and to know that there is hope. Learn more.
“Each of us navigates the map-less route of grief in a different way. Janice Beetle’s unflinching and brave account of how she found her footing in a world suddenly empty after the death of her beloved husband is an understanding hand extended to those on a similar path, and reminder to the rest of us to hug all the closer those we still have with us in this life.”
– Suzanne Strempek Shea, Author
Books in Progress:
Flight of Integrity. (Written with Janice Beetle.) This fast-paced and raw work of fiction details James Kowalski’s dogged pursuit of employment at an airline, his stellar performance once he lands a job as a ramp agent and the dysfunctional work environment that brings his fantasy to an abrupt and traumatic end.
Unleashing the Sun by Janice Beetle. Meet the quick-witted and creative Roxanne Rogers and Alex Bruno, the man she is doggedly pursuing. Roxie is an artist with a painful romantic history, and Alex is a confirmed bachelor with a course exterior and a heart of gold. Watch how they change one another and grow together as they hike, kayak and otherwise explore the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
Finding Home by Janice Beetle. This memoir is based on two travel adventures Janice has had in the past two years: a trip to the Marshall Islands in early 2016 and a trip to Hawaii in 2017. The story details what drew Janice to both places, the adventures she had and how the journeys inspired thoughts about what home really means.